- This policy covers how Outbid collects, uses, and discloses your personal information, including information related to your past use of the Service. Personal information is information about you that may be used to identify you, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Outbid does not own or control, or to people that Outbid does not employ or manage, such as third party web sites and services that are linked to, reference, advertised, or otherwise made available to you through the Service, or to the collection and use of personal information by other users of the Service, such as users who you transact with to buy and sell items. Before using such third party services or transacting with other users, you should familiarize yourself with the privacy policies provided by such third parties to understand their practices with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- Outbid collects a variety of personal information from you when you register with Outbid and when you use the Service:
- When you Register with Outbid we may ask for personal information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, credit card or other payment instrument information, zip code, and other financial information, or we may allow you to register using your Facebook credentials through an implementation of Facebook Connect, in which case Outbid will have access to your Facebook profile information that your Facebook privacy settings are configured to expose to websites that utilize Facebook Connect. Once you Register with Outbid and log in to use the Service, you are not anonymous to us.
- When using the Outbid Service, you may submit a variety of personal information through the use of interactive features, and any account payment information you may provide, such as a PayPal account.
- Like most web sites, Outbid’s server logs automatically collect information about your computer and your use of the Service and transactions with us, including your IP address or device id, operating system, and browser type, as well as information regarding pages you visit, web sites you visit before or after using the Service, search queries you may have used to find the Service, and items you browse and bid on through the Service.
- Outbid uses personal information you provide or that we collect for the following general purposes:
- To personalize your profile and experience on the Service;
- To contact you, to facilitate bidding, buying, and selling of items by you through the Service and to comply with laws and regulations related to purchases and sales of items by you through Outbid;
- To respond to your inquiries, for administrative purposes, for other customer service purposes, and to provide, operate, maintain, and enhance, the Service;
- To send you certain communications relating to the Service and your account with Outbid, including but not limited to notifications, service announcements, and administrative messages without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them;
- To understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of users of the Service;
- To send promotional messages as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-out.
- Outbid may use certain automatically collected information (such as information collected in log files) and “cookies” information to: (a) personalize the Services, such as remembering your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you use the Service; (b) provide customized third party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor and analyze the effectiveness of Outbid and third party marketing activities; and (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
- Outbid does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to (i) provide products or services you've requested, (ii) when we have your permission, or (iii) under the following circumstances:
- We provide personal information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Outbid under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Outbid communicate with you about offers from Outbid. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- Outbid works with third party service providers to provide website hosting and maintenance as well as other services for us. In the course of performing services for Outbid, these providers may have access to or process your personally identifiable information. Generally, these disclosures are made under terms comparable to this policy, and the recipients are limited to using the information for the purpose for which it was provided.
- The Service enables users to communicate in a variety of ways. Any personal information that you voluntarily choose to include in a message to another user, or in a publicly accessible area on the Service, such as a public profile page, will be available to other users who access that content. Once you make your personal information available to others, Outbid cannot control how it is collected, used, and disclosed by the recipients.
- We provide the information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims, or upon receipt of a request from law enforcement;
- Outbid may share personal information about website users with third parties as appropriate to carry out a user’s request, or when it reasonably believes that doing so is legally required or is in Outbid’s interest to protect the legal rights, safety, or property of itself or others;
- We disclose information about you to sellers of items purchased by you, to buyers of items sold by you and to service providers that they may retain to facilitate the assignment of items to Outbid sales venues. We encourage users to respect the privacy of others, and to help other users evaluate whether to enter a transaction with you, by making your policies with respect to the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information available. We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once it has been disclosed to the other party in a transaction, and therefore we encourage you to evaluate the other party’s privacy and security policies before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your personal information.
- We provide personal information to state and federal regulatory agencies as part of the title or ownership transfer process.
- You may, of course, decline to share certain personally-identifiable information with Outbid. You may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by logging in to your account. You may delete your profile information by contacting Outbid at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that while your changes may be reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for a variety of purposes, including backups, archiving, analytics, and fraud prevention.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information, such as by confirming through the Facebook API that you are currently logged in to an active Facebook session. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR MAINTAINING THE SECRECY OF ANY APPLICABLE PASSWORD AND ACCOUNT INFORMATION AT ALL TIMES. You should never share your password with anyone.
- This web site is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction, and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
- We employ certain industry standard physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to help protect personal information about you. Please note however that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our systems or safeguards. We cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Outbid, and you do so at your own risk.
- If Outbid learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this website or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this website. Outbid may post a notice on our website if a security breach occurs. Outbid may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at privacy@Outbid.com, or at the physical address shown below.
- Outbid takes your security seriously and takes reasonable steps to protect your information. No data transmission over the Internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and we cannot guarantee the security of your information. The following is a summary of the measures Outbid takes to protect your information and descriptions of ways we implement these measures for different types of information you may provide to us:
- Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Outbid uses SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption when transmitting certain kinds of information, such as financial services information or payment information. An icon resembling a padlock is displayed on the bottom of most browser windows during SSL transactions. Any time Outbid asks you for a credit card number for payment or for verification purposes, it will be SSL encrypted. The credit card information you provide will be stored in encrypted format on our servers. Once you choose to store or enter your credit card number on Outbid, it will not be displayed back to you in its entirety when you retrieve or edit it in the future. Instead of the entire number, you will only see asterisks and a few digits of your number.
- Vendors and Partners Outbid works with vendors and partners to protect the security and privacy of user information.
- Employee and Contractor Access to Information Outbid limits access to personal information about you to those employees who we reasonably believe need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
505 17th Street
Oakland, CA 94612 email@example.com